[Discuss-gnuradio] libusrp and usb hubs

From: Jim Lindstrom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] libusrp and usb hubs
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:56:22 -0500

Hey gang,
I've been using the USRP without GNURadio from time to time, just using libusrp to talk to it.  Yesterday, I had some cabling problems and couldn't get my signal close enough to the USRP.  To compensate, I moved the USRP closer to the signal by using two USB cables and hub.  I noticed that my signal processing apps weren't working any more, but the usrper app was still able to do "usrper set led0 on" type actions.  Does anyone know anything about the USRP or USB that would cause this behavior?  Specifically, I believe the error I was getting was on the call to create/init the usrp_standard_rx class (or whatever it's called).

Thanks for any help you might have,
Jim Lindstrom