Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB throughput numbers for NetBSD (and Linux)

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB throughput numbers for NetBSD (and Linux)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:26:18 -0400

  I'm sorry to say that I can't share the enthusiam as it didn't make much
  difference on a system using Centrino Duo system running with NetBSD-3.99.21.

  Does it require GNU Radio current? I'm currently running  GNU Radio release
  2.8 as found in the pkgsrc release!

You need not only the patched NetBSD with the kernel option defined,
but also the modified fusb code that Joanne pointed out recently
(which enables read-ahead and write-behind).

It lives here at the moment:
https://acert.ir.bbn.com/projects/adroitgrdevel

I can certainly believe that you'd get different results, but I would
expect a big improvement.

--
    Greg Troxel <address@hidden>