Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora Core 5 x86_64 lib install problems

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora Core 5 x86_64 lib install problems
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:56:58 -0400

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 12:04 -0400, Eric Hill Matlis wrote:

> I can confirm a successful install of gnuradio cvs to my 32-bit
> Fedora Core 5 system, as dial_tone.py works.  So my issues with the
> the x86_64 system seem to be related to the location of the 32 and 64-bit
> libraries.
>
> hopefully someone has encountered this and can provide a suggestion...

I've installed gnuradio on an AMD X86_64 system with Fedora 4 and
what I did -  it's likely not the optimal solution but a workaround
hack - is just link every file missing from lib/ to the one it wants
in lib64/.   There must be a better way, would setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or ld.so.conf or something else work? I just got 'er done and moved on.

--Chuck