Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:47:12 -0400

I can tell you from the print-out that the issue is part of LIBUSB ("usb_claim_interface") which is used by the USRP, and not the USRP's FUSB code for Darwin. Maybe there are patches for 0.1.12 for Intel which are needed? Any other Intel-mac users see this?

As a side-related note (I use a PPC desktop w/o USB 2.0 PCI card): The benchmark_usb script sometimes works and sometimes does not work. When it doesn't work I generally revert back to the previous known-working version (if possible), or try downloading and installing everything from scratch. While I shouldn't have to do this, it usually fixes the issue - at least on a PPC Desktop Mac. Maybe an Intel-Mac needs this cleansing too every so often?