Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Intel Mac GNU Radio Install Update Soon

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Intel Mac GNU Radio Install Update Soon
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:59:23 -0400

- Since the new Macbooks have dual core, one can add a -j2 to each
make command. That will speed up compilation because it creates two
gcc instances at a time.

This would come in the ./configure stage. Probably a switch statement somewhere which could be expanded to include the intel- mac 'uname' specs.

Answering my own issue here: "make -j2" would create 2 parallel "make"s, if I read the manpage correctly. Is this what you were getting at before? If so, then it's probably easier to do "alias make='make -j2'" in your BASH shell ("alias make 'make -j2'" in TCSH). Good idea ... I'll add a comment about that when I get there. - MLD