Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core fails to make on an Intel MacBook P

From: Jan Schiefer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core fails to make on an Intel MacBook Pro using XCode 2.4?
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:33:39 -0700

Which version of gcc comes with Xcode 2.4? Can't find anything in the release notes. As of 3341, gnuradio-core does compile on OSX /Intel with Xcode 2.2.1, (gcc 4.0.1), I have never tried it with anything newer.

Cheers,
    Jan

Michael Dickens wrote:
I'd already tracked it down to the file Eric mentions, so it's good to have commonality here. I'll have access to a MacBook Pro (in person, even, every so often) next Wednesday, and will spend some time debugging this issue at that time unless someone else has figured it out by then. Since gnuradio-core did compile on an Intel-Mac once upon a time, there has to be something in the way Apple is handling the __ELF__ directive .... Eric has some good suggestions on how to proceed ... we'll get to the bottom of this sooner or later. - MLD

The fix needs to go in gnuradio-core/src/lib/filters/assembly.h

On the macbook it's executing the !__ELF__ branch.
I suspect that there's some Mach magic required here.

Looking at some compiler generated assember and checking the
predefined preprocessor defines should lead to enlightenment.

Be sure to leave the old default branch  -- I think it handled COFF or
a.out -- and add a new check for whatever's right for OS/X.

Eric