Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using DSP for precise zero crossing, measurement?

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using DSP for precise zero crossing, measurement?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:25:12 -0400

If I understand correctly (always a big assumption), it's the second model. The two sine waves are electrically independent, and my assumption is that they would be analyzed by separate, but coherently clocked, ADCs as two channels.

I also should add that while the signals are generally sinusoid, in the real world they will have some harmonic and other content -- but we do not care about high frequency components and in fact the whole point of the exercise is to look at low frequency elements of nominally 1Hz and lower by determining the Allan Variance at tau=1 second and greater.

John
----