Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TDMA question

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TDMA question
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:37:24 -0700

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 09:37:46AM +0800, Lin Huang wrote:
> I think it is under developing now. You may search 'm-block' or BBN in the
> discussion.
>
> 2006/9/19, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> >
> >I couldn't help but notice that there was a mention of TDMA on the Wiki:
> >
> >"Precision time stamping and synchronization for TDMA waveforms"
> >
> >is this time stamp referring to a method of the tun/tap driver in
> >tunnel.py?  or
> >is there another example that shows how to do that??
> >
> >I am not very experienced with tun/tap, but I couldn't find any other
> >programs
> >that could possibly be time stamping packets.  I read through the docs in
> >/usr/src/... but I didn't see any mention about time stamps.
> >
> >Thanks for any help you can give!
> >
> >David Scaperoth

Yes, the m-block stuff will provide a reasonable interface for doing
this.  Besides m-blocks, this also requires considerable work in the
USRP FPGA to make it happen.

The basic idea is that received packets will have time stamps in them
that correspond to the arrival time that the first sample.  Likewise,
you'll be able to indicate that a particular packet should "hit
the air" at a particular time.

Eric