[Discuss-gnuradio] multi-antenna example

From: Mark Sullivan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi-antenna example
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:21:05 -0400

Hi all,

I got my USRP up and running just fine after a fresh install of Suse 10.1 I'm working on a "walkthrough" that describes some of the problems I encountered; I'd be happy to add it to the Wiki if anybody is interested.

After running the USB benchmark (32M, no problem) and seeing the FFT display work, just for fun I attached an antenna directly to my basic RX and keyed an FRS radio nearby. No problem seeing the 465 MHz FM signal pop up. Very cool.

Now for the only problem I've encountered. I have two basic RX cards installed, and I'm injecting a single signal into the "RX-A" input of the A side card at a level of about 45 dBm or so. I run the multi-antenna capture to file code with maximum decimation (256) and software filtering turned off for a 50 millisecond collect. I then look at the spectrum of the resulting four files with MATLAB (sorry!). I see my carrier in both channels 0 and 1 (but not 3 or 4) at nearly the same level. I didn't see any error messages during the collect; is it possible that the software couldn't keep up with the data and got out of sync?  I'm going to try writing some test code to pull in the data to memory before writing out to disk next. Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Mark Sullivan