[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnuradio trellis

From: Anastasopoulos Achilleas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnuradio trellis
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:58:01 -0400 (EDT)

Toby,

for me the term "equalization" is equivalent to
"sequence detection in ISI channels".
If by "equalization" you mean "linear" or "decision feedback"
equalization this is another story.

I am not sure how the gr-trellis stuff will be useful to you if
you do not want to do sequence detection, but some sort of
suboptimal linear or decision-feedback equalization, unless you
want to use it only for the GMSK detection part...

If you tell me more specifically what system you are
working on (modulation type, channel, receiver processing)
I can give more specific comments.