[Discuss-gnuradio] New DarwinPorts script

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New DarwinPorts script
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:44:22 -0400

I've uploaded to my WWW area a new DP script, and will have to do so again pretty soon since the DP project has changed names to "MacPorts". The major change is an update to SDCC from 2.4.0 (with a bug) to 2.6.0 (with no bug). The "old" script will error out when trying to compile SDCC since version 2.4.0 is no longer available.

BTW> Anyone with an Intel-Mac which does work with GR and using DP for the background libraries and apps: Do you know if DP fixed the Intel version of fftw 3.1.1? My script's changes will still work, but do not provide optimized object code. It would be nice to know that this issue has been resolved (I do not have regular access to an Intel-Mac yet, but I'm working on that for our lab ;). If you want to try it (Intel-Mac only):

sudo port uninstall fftw-single
sudo port uninstall fftw
sudo port install fftw-single

and if it works, then DP has fixed the issue. If not, then you can run the dp_inst.csh script and it will reinstall fftw stuff correctly (NOTE: if any of your installed packages are outdated, then there might be conflicts in reinstalling them; fftw should still reinstall correctly). If anyone tries this, please let me know either way. Thanks! - MLD