[Discuss-gnuradio] XCode / SDCC Intel-Mac issue

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCode / SDCC Intel-Mac issue
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:47:14 -0400

I made enough progress on this issue to know there is a problem, but that it's beyond what I can investigate further until I have more time.

What I'm doing instead is making the compiled and ready to install SDCC 2.4 for Intel-Darwin available for anyone to download and install. That way folks can keep using GNU Radio from the current SVN repository, and at some time in the future maybe SDCC will get fixed, or Apple's GCC will get fixed, or whatever the problem(s) is (are) will get fixed. While XCode certainly seems suspicious, and most fingers point to it being the issue, some fingers don't point there (they just don't point, since those data points don't fit into any pattern I've tested).

I've updated the "MacInstall" Wiki page with this info < http:// gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/MacInstall >. I'm also updating my install guide with the same info. I would certainly appreciate knowing that this work around does really work for (some, all, many) Intel-Mac users. I know that it works for me. - MLD