Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python function processing block

From: Murray Lang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python function processing block
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:31:28 +1000 (EST)

How did you go Marcus?

I hunted high and low for a class that I could subclass to implement a gr.block in Python. My initial reason is that  I want to implement a source that reads I/Q data from WAV files so that I can compare my GNU Radio results with PowerSDR using exactly the same data. Wav files are much easier to work with in Python than C++.

I would also like to implement network data sources and sinks for remote SDR operation. Network programming is much easier in Python than in C++.

In short it seems to me perfectly natural to have a gr.block class implemented in Python, particularly (but not only) sources and sinks. It would be really nice if there was a Python class that we could simply subclass to achieve that.

Murray
VK6HL

Do you Yahoo!?
Join the Girlfriend magazine VIP Club for inside info, freebies and more