Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementing Dicke switching

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementing Dicke switching
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:06:03 -0400

Matt Ettus wrote:

Dicke switches have typically used rates in the low hundreds of Hz, with
a 50% duty cycle.  My understanding is that is not necessary, and was
only done to make things easier with the electronics of the time.  I
think I would switch at a much lower rate, 1 Hz or less, and probably
use a calibration duty cycle on the order of 10%.  This way you can
easily throw out some samples on either side of the switch time without
having to worry too much.

Matt

So, there's the other half of my question, about doing the TTL control thing on a DBS_RX. I know you've answered this in the past, but I can't find it in the archives.

--
Marcus Leech                            Mail:   Dept 1A12, M/S: 04352P16
Security Standards Advisor        Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145