RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample rate for source_noise and source_vector

From: De Lima Julian
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample rate for source_noise and source_vector
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:23:19 +0200

So I tested but I have another question.
I read that the data through the USB cable (from computer to USRP) are in the
format I/Q complex. (Dawei Shen tutorial)

My interpolation factor is 512, so the sample rate is 128M/512 = 250kSample/s

I have a data list with 500e3 data. 250e3 are of 1000uV and 250e3 are of 0uV. I
see with my spectrum analyzer during 1 second some power and during another
second nothing.

With a vector_source in complex, no problem. But if I specify a vector_source
in short, during 0.5 second I see power and during another 0.5 second nothing.
So there is a factor of 2 between the complex and short format.

Therefore with a vector_list in short the sampling rate is doubled? Because in
I/Q format there are 16bits * 2 (I & Q) and in short only 16bits?

Is it true that when we have a source in short the sampling rate is double
because we do not use the I/Q format?

Thanks

Julian De Lima