Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp.source_s and usrp.source_c

From: Oussama Sekkat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp.source_s and usrp.source_c
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:10:14 -0800

Hi Dawei,
If you want to start working on the FPGA code, you might want to start with the top level verilog modue located at gr-build/usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std.v .
I don't know what kind of modification to the code you'd like to do but in any case you'll need the Altera Quartus II software.
Attached to this email you'll find a description of the functionality of the FPGA with block diagrams of the different modules. Toward the end of the document, there is a brief tutorial on how to change the verilog code and reprogram the board. (there is actually a slightly easier way to do that, but I did it the way I did because it saves a little bit of Hard drive space : about 20M.the easier way is to copy the whole usrp file)
There are still some minor details that I will add to that document later on.
I hope this document will be helpful.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Oussama.