Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp.source_s and usrp.source_c

From: Oussama Sekkat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp.source_s and usrp.source_c
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:19:37 -0800

Hi Eric,

On 11/4/06, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 05:10:14PM -0800, Oussama Sekkat wrote:
> Hi Dawei,
> If you want to start working on the FPGA code, you might want to start with
> the top level verilog modue located at
> gr-build/usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std.v .
> I don't know what kind of modification to the code you'd like to do but in
> any case you'll need the Altera Quartus II software.
> Attached to this email you'll find a description of the functionality of the
> FPGA with block diagrams of the different modules. Toward the end of the
> document, there is a brief tutorial on how to change the verilog code and
> reprogram the board. (there is actually a slightly easier way to do that,
> but I did it the way I did because it saves a little bit of Hard drive space
> : about 20M.the easier way is to copy the whole usrp file)
> There are still some minor details that I will add to that document later
> on.
> I hope this document will be helpful.
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Oussama.

Hi Oussama,

Thanks for putting the document together.

In the future, please just post a link to the document, so that the
160kB attachment doesn't come through the list.

Sorry about that, I forgot that the attachement was sent to the whole mailing list.

Also, there's no need to edit all the files to change the relative
include path specified in usrp_std.v:

This is not required:

  `include "/../../../firmware/include/[name].v" will need to be changed to
  `include "c:\usrp\include\[name].v"

You might have to edit the project property that sets the top of the
include path.  Actually I don't think you should even have to do that,
since I know that Matt and I build this code from different
directories and don't change anything.

Eric

Yeah, that's one of the things I will fix in the document. It's just easier to copy the whole usrp file to the PC. Otherwise, doing it the way I did, it wouldn't compile unless I change the include statements.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for changes or additions to the document.

Thank you,

Oussama.