RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] MingwInstallMain

From: Patrick Murphy
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] MingwInstallMain
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:42:40 -0700

Eric,

I'm working with Don Ward to edit that wiki page.  One of my starting points
was Martin's notes at
http://www.olifantasia.com/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/mingw/binary/readme.mingw.
In that readme file, he says:

  use --with-md-cpu=generic:
  the optimized fir code doesn't compile on my mingw/gcc setup so use the
  generic code. Maybe you are lucky or know how to fix this, please let me
  know.

This option is also specified in the README-win32-mingw-short.txt file at
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk, and at the old wiki page at
http://www.comsec.com/wiki?Cygwin.

I simply followed this advice; I didn't try to enable optimization.  Would
you like me to specify a different option for ./configure, and rebuild
gnuradio?

Patrick Murphy