[Discuss-gnuradio] What antenna for WWV/WWVB?

From: Heiko Jones
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] What antenna for WWV/WWVB?
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:18:11 -0800

What is the minimum antenna(s) I would need to pull in WWV (5/10/15Mhz) and WWVB at 60KHz with my USRP with the Basic RX daughtercard? I was wanting to look at decoding the BCD time code.

How about if I wanted to get my local airports ATIS at 126Mhz?

I am playing with some of the basic example code, either am_rcv.py or the hf_explorer stuff and cannot get much accept local am stations (very weakly) and I can get strong fm stations with the wfm example. I just tried the little am antenna off an old stereo right now which is not much and have even tried the kids slinky thinking to get something longer to get a 1/4 wave or something close.... I am not a ham radio guy obviously.

Thanks!