[Discuss-gnuradio] USB URB Structure

From: Joe Pub
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB URB Structure
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:37:56 +0000

Hi All,

I'm looking into writing a native USB driver for Windows and the USRP, i'm trying to find out some information on the USB interface of the USRP.

I have found the info here regarding the USB descriptor table (usrp/firmware/src/usrp2/usb_descriptors.a51).

Does anyone know where the best place is to find documentation (if any) of the USB data structures that are sent on interface 0, 1 & 2 (ep0, ep2 and ep6) so that I can achive this.  I assume the ep0 data strucutres are that of the USB Device Request structure on the default control pipe, but I also assume there are more control requests than the standard USB ones.

Another thing I was wondering, since the vendor id is a standard free for all type, how do you actually determine if it is indeed a USRP that you are connected to, and on top of that if you are connected to an FX2 chip which is not the USRP and has not been initalised, can you determine that it is an FX2 that in on a USRP or not?

Thanks for you help.
Regards.