[Discuss-gnuradio] Interfacing GNURadio with other software

From: Eric A. Cottrell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interfacing GNURadio with other software
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:37:33 -0500

Hello,

I want to interface GNURadio to a software decoder.  The output could be
regular audio, "discriminator" audio, or 12 KHz IF.  I could hook up my
iMIC and jumper the line output to the line input but this is not a neat
way to do it.

Is there a loopback audio device, maybe using Jack?  Maybe Jack can do
this directly?  It also seems possible to create a sound driver in ALSA
that looks like a sound card with the output looped back to the input.
I tell GNURadio to output to DSP1 and the other program to input from DSP1.

73 Eric