Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interpolation in usrp_siggen

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interpolation in usrp_siggen
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:48:45 -0800

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 01:03:08AM -0500, Shyam wrote:
> hi Eric,
> The daughterboard I use is RFX2400 so I set -f 2.45G ( btw my gnuradios
> have been properly set up since benchmark_tx and receive  work fine for
> gmsk)  . I have tried the below stated experiment using two antenna
> types to see if it is due to the antennas but it is consistent across
> antennas.
> 2400-2480 MHz ISM Band PCB Quad Patch, and
>
> 2400-2480 MHz ISM Band Vertical Antenna.
>
> Also for the above configuration can u kindly also let me know is my
> observation that 7KHz is the frequency offset due to the oscillators is
> true?
>
> Thanks in advance for ur reply
> Shyam

Are you seeing underruns ("uU") on stderr?  If so, then for your low
interpolation rate cases your system is failing to be able to drive
the USRP at full speed (32MB/s).  What kind of h/w are you running?

7KHz offset between two 2.4GHz boards is well within spec.
That's only 3 parts per million.

There's a known problem with the first few samples being hosed on
either or both of receive and transmit.  Larry Doolittle fixed this
in his UXO sweeper gadget, but we have yet to sort out the fix and
integrate it into our USRP firmware.

Eric