Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting Intermediate Frequency (IF)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting Intermediate Frequency (IF)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:38:39 -0800

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 12:33:46AM +0100, Davide Anastasia wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some help about the tune of the IF with USRP + DBSRX. I already
> read astronomy section of the SVN tree, but I don't find what I'm
> looking for.
> Can someone make me an example of how to set an IF of 15.42 MHz from a
> GPS L1 carrier (1575,42).

Not sure I fully understand what you're trying to do.
Generally speaking we downconvert to complex basebase.  In this case
you'd just tune the usrp front end to the desired center frequency.
It would will end up at zero.

  u.tune(...)

See for example, usrp_wfm_rcv_nogui.py

> Other question: Is it possible to set the A/D frequency conversion?

No.  It's determined by the oscillator on the usrp motherboard.

Eric