[Discuss-gnuradio] View a null_source with scope_sink: 100% CPU

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] View a null_source with scope_sink: 100% CPU
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:36:25 -0800

Hi,

Am I doing something wrong? This program uses all my CPU and does not respond to mouse inputs:

 self.scope = scopesink.scope_sink_f(self, panel,sample_rate=10)
 source = gr.null_source(gr.sizeof_float)
 self.connect(source, self.scope)

I attached the entire program to this message.

Thank you!

Chris
#!/usr/bin/env python
#
# Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This file is part of GNU Radio
#
# GNU Radio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
# any later version.
#
# GNU Radio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#
# along with GNU Radio; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
# the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street,
# Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
#

from gnuradio import gr, gru
from gnuradio import usrp
from gnuradio import eng_notation
from gnuradio.eng_option import eng_option
from gnuradio.wxgui import stdgui, fftsink, waterfallsink, scopesink, form,
slider
from optparse import OptionParser
import wx
import sys

class app_flow_graph(stdgui.gui_flow_graph):
    def __init__(self, frame, panel, vbox, argv):
        stdgui.gui_flow_graph.__init__(self)

        self.frame = frame
        self.panel = panel

        self.scope = scopesink.scope_sink_f(self, panel, sample_rate=10)
        source = gr.null_source(gr.sizeof_float)
        self.connect(source, self.scope)

        self._build_gui(vbox)

    def _build_gui(self, vbox):

        vbox.Add(self.scope.win, 10, wx.EXPAND)

        # add control area at the bottom
        self.myform = myform = form.form()
        hbox = wx.BoxSizer(wx.HORIZONTAL)
        vbox.Add(hbox, 0, wx.EXPAND)

def main ():
    app = stdgui.stdapp(app_flow_graph, "USRP O'scope", nstatus=1)
    app.MainLoop()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main ()