[Discuss-gnuradio] Tx slow hopping for GSM

From: Sharmila Kannangara
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tx slow hopping for GSM
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:46:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I was wondering how well the USRP would support slow
hopping on the transmit side.  I want to transmit a
mobile signal for a lab simulation and want it to also
be able to support the slow hopping (once per frame)
of GSM.

Does anyone know whether this can be done without any
strange glitches in the transmit signal?  I saw some
postings back in 2005 for FHSS by Joshua Davis where
he wanted to do the hopping by tuning the USRP.  So if
that worked, I'd be in good shape.  Any comments?

Thanks,
Sharmila