Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PlayStation 3

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PlayStation 3
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:11:25 -0500

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 11:56:58AM -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
> > The web page indicates the video options may be limited.  No VGA and the
> > HDMI requires monitors with HCP.
>
> There appear to be some HDMI to DVI cables available.  I've ordered
> one, but it hasn't come yet.

Bear in mind the resulting DVI will still be encrypted/protected by
HDCP, so if your monitor doesn't do HDCP the cable won't solve the
problem.  There is not likely to be any [legitimate] product that
simply removes the HDCP (and leaves the signal digital) since that
sort of defeats the entire purpose of HDCP.  The "Ophit DDA" converter
supposedly takes DVI+HDCP as input and produces unprotected analog VGA
as output, but don't know if anyone has ever tried it with a PS3.

                                                  -Dave Dodge