Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM in n4hy's tree

From: Brett Trotter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM in n4hy's tree
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:25:29 -0800 (PST)

Robert McGwier-2 wrote:

> I am doubting the libtool error in this one.  If you have the libtool
> error, it shows up well before this.   You cannot complete the make.
>
> IF you cannot complete the make,  and it dies in making the mblock
> message block code,  then you can go back to the pmt directory and in
> that directory do  install
>
> cd pmt
> make install
> cd ..
> make
>
> the make will now complete mblock in a few seconds and the rest of the
> tree will build.  From there,  I have no problems at all with the main
> branch.
>
> I have been UNBELIEVABLY tied up since the first of the year and I have
> no revisited the Rondeau, Ettus, and McGwier (n4hy)  OFDM code since
> that time.  I will make it tonight and see what happens.
>
> Tom will be here through the weekend and possible we can check into it
> if I discover a problem.
>
> Bob
> (n4hy)
>

> Eric Blossom wrote:

>>> Replying to myself here, I heard from someone that I should do make
>>> uninstall on the standard tree before doing make install on n4hy's tree.
>>> make uninstalled both just to make sure it was cleaned out, and toasted
>>> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio (same for lib64) and did
>>> make install of n4hy's - only to discover that _gnuradio_swig_python is
>>> now
>>> missing. Another make uninstall, another rm, and reinstalled the stable
>>> tree- which yields the same error.
>>>
>>> Why is make install not putting _gnuradio_swig_python in place do you
>>> suppose? Have I missed something?
>>>

>> Which distribution are you guys using?
>>
>> I believe that the Ubuntu libtool problem is still unresolved.
>> I'd really appreciate it if somebody who uses ubuntu would test and
>> document a fix.  I suspect that it could be as easy as rolling libtool
>> back to libtool-1.5.22-3
>>
>> Eric

> --
> AMSAT Director and VP Engineering. Member: ARRL, AMSAT-DL,
> TAPR, Packrats, NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC. ARRL SDR WG Chair
> "Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
> how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine

I took Dan Halperin's advice and totally deleted my build tree- I also
totally cleaned out all traces of gnuradio and re-checked out everything
from subversion and re-built (n4hy's tree) and am still missing
_gnuradio_swig_python.

As you may have seen from my first post in this thread, I was originally
getting an error about _Z15gr_make_fft_vccibSt6vectorIfSaIfEE being missing
using the n4hy's benchmark_ofdm_tx on after make installing n4hy's tree over
the stable..- and after make uninstalling the stable tree, and make
installing n4hy's, I now am missing the swig python bit.

So- I'm going to go and clean out everything again and rebuild the stable
tree and see if I get my swig_python bits back. Am I making a rookie mistake
here somewhere?