[Discuss-gnuradio] mutiple signals with the usrp

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] mutiple signals with the usrp
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:56:47 -0500

Hello,

I am interested in sending and receiving multiple signals (2 or more?) with a single USRP.

It seems that to transmit 2 signals to different daughter boards you can interleave the signals, set up 2 subdevices, and do a self.u.set_mux(0xba98) (i pulled this from the fm_tx_2_daughterboards.py example).

I assume that receiving 2 signals would be very similar, perhaps a different hex value for set_mux?

What if I choose to transmit (or receive) those signals on 2 different subdevices of the same daughter board, is the code the same?

Transmitting and receiving at the same time using one USRP does not seem to fit into this model. Is the correct way to create a USRP source and sink in the same flow graph? This may or may not be obvious, but my initial attempt failed and I was already sore from trying to receive 2 signals at once.

If someone can help me out or point me to examples (other than fm_tx_2_daughterboards.py), this would be great.

Thanks,
-Josh