Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Want help / documentation (i am a software radio

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Want help / documentation (i am a software radio beginner)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:59:19 +0100

2007/1/30, bhargav b <address@hidden>:
Hi all!
I am a software radio beginner.
I want to ask for guidance in understading the source code of SW radio
available on website.I mean any hierarchy of classes with proper
documentation...rather than going throu the comments provided along with
source code...is there any such documentation available?

You can generate Doxygen documentation for the C++ code by adding the
--enable-doxygen flag to ./configure, and you can also run pydoc with
the gnuradio installation in PYTHONPATH to get python documentation.
However, vital documentation is still missing, and I wonder if there
are any plans to improve this? I know that this is a project made up
of volunteers, and that coding is usually more fun than documenting,
but atm very much documentation is spread out over several places. It
is therefore difficult for new users to get started (my self
included). I therefore wonder if there are any plans, guidelines or
ideas on how to structure the documentation in a better way. I would
love to help out with this, but I need some direction from some of the
more experienced users.

--
Trond Danielsen