Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Playstation 3

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Playstation 3
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 04:15:27 -0500

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 03:34:17PM -0500, Eric A. Cottrell wrote:
> What are PS3 owners on the list using for video displays?  Do I need a
> HDMI monitor with HDCP?

For DVI or HDMI, everything I've read says the signal will end up
using HDCP, even when running Linux.

Supposedly the "ps3videomode" command can configure high-resolution
output on the analog component cables.  It apparently even has RGB
(instead of YPrPb) settings but I don't know how you'd wire that up.
I have used a PS3 for games and movies with analog YPrPb at 720p and
1080i, attached to a Dell 2405 flat panel (which does not have HDCP on
its DVI port).  I haven't tried running Linux on it yet.

                                                  -Dave Dodge