[Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk_demod question

From: Hans Glitsch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk_demod question
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:13:24 -0800

Hello,

inside the gmsk_demod function there is a quadrature_demod_cf block connected to a clock_recovery_mm_ff block.

What is the purpose of the clock_recovery block?  Is it there to correct the timing when the sample rate is not an exact integral multiple of the samples/symbol?

If that's true then is it true that I can safely do away with the clock_recovery block if I can arrange to make the sample rate be an exact multiple of the samples/symbol?

Thanks,
Hans