[Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK Modulator Discontinuity

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK Modulator Discontinuity
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:26:07 -0500

I have been playing around with the GRC (amazing tool - really love
it!) and I was just taking a look at the GMSK Modulator with some
random data.

I couldn't get the random data block to work properly, so I used a
file source that is just some ascii text.  I didn't think this would
matter since it's just random data anyway.  I have it set to repeat
the data once done.

I notice there is a discontinuity with the GMSK modulator.  I am not
sure where it's coming from, or if it's in the Constellation Sink, but
I thought I would just bring it up to the list.

I have attached the sample.grc.xml file along with the samples.txt
ascii file I made.  The concern is when the Constellation Sink format
is set to "line".

I have also attached a picture of the discontinuity I am seeing.

Brian