Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A Question on Packet Processing

From: Tim Meehan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A Question on Packet Processing
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:09:56 -0800

Hi Achilleas,

I was interested in various length packets.  I am taking a fixed
length packet ( say 200 symbols ) and then bitstuffing it, resulting
in a packet >= 200 symbols.  I then receive this with the viterbi
algorithm and then finally unbitstuff.   So in this, case K = 200 +
number of stuffed bits.  I guess I could run N viterbi algorithms in
parallel for the N possible different number of stuffed bits.   I
guess I could also have the block that bitstuffs the data pad out to a
fixed block size.

Thanks again for you suggestions and help.

Tim