Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Release candidate 3.0.3rc2 available for testing

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Release candidate 3.0.3rc2 available for testing
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:02:02 -0500

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 09:13:15PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> I wonder how hard it could be to have each component define an
>> autoconf variable
>>
>> LIBS_GR_FOO
>>
>> to be either
>>
>> $(top_srcdir)/gr-foo/src/lib/libgnuradio-foo.la
>>
>> or
>>
>> $(libdir)/libgnuradio-foo.la
>>
>> depending on whether the component is enabled or not.
>> This would, I think, safely link against the intended library.
>>
>> (I can hear you saying to create a trial fix branch with this :-)
>
> Wow, that sounds like a great idea!  ;)
>
> Is it your assumption that we'd always build using the build-tree
> includes?

I didn't think about that much, but the above suggestion results in
using the build-tree includes.  Arguably the installed includes for
just those components should be used, but CPPFLAGS isn't powerful
enough to do that.  In practice it doesn't matter, since pkgsrc and
hopefully other packaging system using this technique would have all
packages consistently built from the same release tarball.