Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with gri_fftw

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with gri_fftw
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 07:56:16 -0500

John Clark <address@hidden> writes:

> Greg Troxel schrieb:
>> You left out a lot, like what operating system you are using.  But
>> I'll guess that gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping is trying to mmap a
>> file in tmp to get shared memory, and it needs to be writable.
>> Perhaps using mfs or tmpfs, or some other kind of memory filesystem
>> for /tmp is in order.
>
> I'm using Linux... and whatever 'gr-vmcircbuf_createfilemapping' is,
> is buried deep in the gnuradio
> sources.
>
> In this case it looks like there's a presumption about the 'user' and
> having a directory associated with
> that user, where 'preferences', etc. can be read/written, rather than
> using say, /tmp or similar 'well known'
> writeable location.

So far people seem to run GNU Radio as users, so there are probably
hidden assumptions about the environment that need to be tracked down
and fixed.  We were able to make it run as a daemon to receive 802.11
and inject the packets via a tap interface (on NetBSD).  But, we
weren't trying to do this on a ro filesystem.

truss is probably useful to find the failing system call.