[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: A low-budget SDR - Was: PCIe know-how?

From: ceriel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: A low-budget SDR - Was: PCIe know-how?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:57:12 +0200

On 3/6/07, Brian Padalino <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, I thought about simulations today. Apparently Verilog is designed
> to facilitate that aswell.
> Should I do these simulations with for example Altera's Quartus II?

If you want to simulate Verilog, there are free tools available along
with an Altera ModelSim version that is also "free" from their
website.

To clarify, I didn't mean FPGA/hardware simulations, but more like a
high level GNU Radio block level simulation.  Taking a bunch of
signals and creating a pseudo channel that you may encounter,
truncating to an ADC value, filtering, etc.  Just to see what kind of
performance you were looking for.

Ooh! I didn't know that was possible. =D

I'll install Ubuntu again first thing tomorrow when I get back from
work and give it a try. Now, bedtime. :)

Once again, thank you for your reply.

--
Nos