Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding fft-ifft processing

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding fft-ifft processing
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:21:24 +0100

2007/3/7, Kuntal Majumdar <address@hidden>:
Recently, Brian told me that the FFT-IFFT processing is handled by the host
side. Can I know how this is done exactly? Is there any relevant
documentation for this on the Wiki?

Did you read this:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html? The
document is a bit old, but still give a very good introduction to the
basics of GNU Radio.

I read in an earlier thread that you want to do the (I)FFT processing
in the FPGA. This is not how it is intended to be used. GNU Radio is a
software radio framework, and the goal is to move as much of the
signal processing as possible onto the host computer. Moving the FFT
back to the FPGA would therefore be a step backward in the software
approach. This is just my personal opinion, so feel free to spank me
with a 10 foot monopole if your view is different :)

--
Trond Danielsen