Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple GR_SYNC_BLOCK

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple GR_SYNC_BLOCK
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:48:58 -0800

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 09:59:02AM -0800, Daniel Garcia wrote:

> I think I've misunderstood they way GR_SYNC_BLOCK
> works. Can someone set me strait?
>
> I've called set_history(1) in the constructor; I have
> one input and one output. I assumed that the in buffer
> would contain noutput_items + 1 samples; with in[0]
> being the history (overlap) from the previous.
>
> I'm trying to take a diff then do a cumsum on the
> stream.

You are off by one.  The nomenclature might not be the best in the
world, but it's what we've got.

history refers to how many samples you need to look at to compute a
single output (ignoring decimation and interpolation).  Thus, the
normal case is 1.  That is y[i] = f(x[i]).

If you want noutput_samples + 1, then set_history(2).

Eric