[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: top-posting considered harmful

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: top-posting considered harmful
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:17:40 +0100

Eric Blossom wrote on 2007-03-07 16:11:
Folks, please trim your posts.
Do not top post like I just did (to illustrate what I'm talking

Sometimes I think to myself: No, you don't need to send me back all that quoted text, I know it already.

I call that Tofu: Top-quote, full text underneath. (acronym works even better in German)

For hints and rationales behind quoting, have a look at

Sometime new messages are actual replies with changed subject. That is quite convenient for people writing messages, but results in new topics attached to existing threads, which is inconvenient for readers.

[ n+1 fullquotes removed]

ps: Eric, can you change the mailing list footer so that it has a line with "-- "? This would at least get us rid of this footer cascades.
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>