Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 8b/10b for GMSK

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 8b/10b for GMSK
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:52:41 -0700

Dan Halperin wrote:

> I found out what is (most likely) going wrong here. If a packet
> payload (post-whitening) matches the complement of the access code,
> its bits get flipped. A packet that contains the access code is
> handled correctly. I haven't tried it, but it would be interesting to
> see what happens if you transmit a packet that (post-whitening)
> contains the entirety of a valid packet... I'm not sure what the
> right fix is, so no patch...

This has already been fixed on the trunk and in release 3.0.3, and it is
exactly the issue you describe.

We did decide to leave in the "whitener offset" work-around in the trunk
as it is a good thing to do in any case.  The default is off but you can
pass --use-whitener-offset to the tunnel.py and related examples to
enable it.  (The stable branch has the bug fix but not the workaround;
it was too invasive.)

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC