Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband signaling usb host

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband signaling usb host
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:47:08 -0400

First off, I never received the original e-mail that you are responding to... was it sent to the board? I don't see it in the archives either. If so, this is the second e-mail I've not received simply related to the in-band signaling that was sent to the board. I don't keep up with the other threads to know my overall loss ratio :)

David Scaperoth wrote:
So, when you are doing reception that has to be tightly coupled with time, how do you specify when to retrieve the samples? or were you thinking that you would simply keep receiving samples from the USB, and checking the time-stamp on the response_recv_raw_samples() to see if it was "just right"? I would tend to think that only receiving samples when you wanted them would be ideal, and in that case you would need a time-stamp argument in the cmd_recv_raw_samples.
I don't know if this was added in after your discussion or before, because I see no response to your e-mail either... whether it exists and was lost from my perspective, I have no clue :) But...
response_recv_raw_samples(invocation_handle, samples, timestamp, properties)

I think that is what this method is for, you specify the timestamp at which the first sample in the samples was received by the A/D converter. So that would follow along with your suggestion.

In response to Eric's discussion question in the doc, I say we use different modes. I think that being able to specify the number of cmd_recv_raw_samples commands and a flag would provide the most flexibility and functionality.

- George

- George