Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MSB

From: Davide Anastasia
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MSB
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:36:56 +0100

Il giorno gio, 15/03/2007 alle 08.10 -0700, Eric Blossom ha scritto:
> Davide,
>
> In the code that we distribute, yes.  However, I think you're asking
> about the code that you have been modifying in the FPGA.  You're in
> charge of that part.  What are you doing?

I'm working on usrp1_source_s.cc to obtain an unpacked stream of 1 bit
samples into char variables (no changes for short). So, if I have 1, I
wish to use 0x00000001 and 0x00000000 for 0 value. I guess it is
reasonable, because after I can use unpacked_to_packed and
packed_to_unpacked to obtain a stream of bit of byte. I fault?

> In the unmodified code, we push 16-bit I & Q across the interface to
> the FX2 and from there to the host.  The data comes out I first, then
> Q, and each 16-bit value is little-endian byte order.

Because Peter Monta' patch use a mask like this 16'b0000000000000001, I
need to give to a 16 bit sample a 15 bit shift to take the SIGN. Isn't
it??

Regards,
--
Davide Anastasia