Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Good laptop for GR/USRP

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Good laptop for GR/USRP
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:36:32 -0700

Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS wrote:
We will (hopefully) be purchasing some new laptops specifically for use
with the USRP and wanted to get any recommendations on particularly good

Bill,

I'm going through the same decision now. When it comes to processors, probably more important to compile your blocks with the appropriate optimizations for your processors e.g. "-msse2".

I don't think GR uses the GPU (video card), but I intend to modify one of my blocks to use GPUFFTW which does.

Chris