Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_std

From: Kuntal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_std
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 01:42:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I havent had any replies to my previous posts. I am an
Indian student working on the USRP in Sweden. My project involves a lot of
fpga work.

As a first step, I programmed the fpga as a working counter. And from the
Rx, read the output of the counter and displayed it onto the CRO. I used the
$usrper commands for the same. Now, as my next step, I want to transfer data
into the usrp through the Tx. I believe that this can be done as, if I am
able to read from the Rx, then sending throught the Tx must be possible, but
have not got any success yet, can you help me on this?
I thought maybe reverse engineering on the usrp_std might help.

Finally, I want to design a few things for my ofdm project, for which the
fpga would be involved heavily. Please tell me right now, if I can do
something like this just for the basics.

Program the fpga as a (say) adder. Send data through the Tx and see the
output on the CRO via the Rx. This might sound very trivial for you but
solving this would do wonders to my project. If this becomes possible, I
plan to implement a whole (I)FFT block on the fpga.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kuntal