Re: Vertical antennas (was Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet error and

From: Syed Faisal Shah
Subject: Re: Vertical antennas (was Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet error and reception problems with RFX 2400)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 14:12:11 -0500

Matt,

Thanks for clarifying the matter. My colleague discussed it with you and we look forward to receive the correct antennas.

Regards

-Faisal

Just to clarify for everyone, since I get a LOT of calls about this...

The VERT2400 antenna is BLACK and made out of PLASTIC. If your "vertical antenna" is copper colored, then you do NOT have a vertical antenna. What you have is the RIGID COAXIAL CABLE which comes with the Quad Patch 2400 MHz antenna. This coax needs to be soldered to the GREEN PCB with 4 squares on it labeled "Highgain Antennas 2.4-2.48 GHz". See the datasheet for the Quad Patch antennas for more info on how to do this.

To reiterate --
The VERT2400 is BLACK PLASTIC
The VERT900 is BLACK PLASTIC
The VERT400/1200 is a thin BLACK WIRE ANTENNA

The copper colored rigid line is RIGID COAXIAL CABLE. It needs to be soldered to the Quad Patch 2400, Yagi 1200, or Yagi 900 GREEN PCB antenna which came with it.

Thanks,
Matt