Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: Thibaud Hottelier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:12:38 -0400

Brian Padalino wrote:

Sounds fun.  Are you sure you're ready for a live test?

I don't know :) What kind of problem should I expect when trying to go from simulation to reality ?

You don't need to do this.  Just don't connect up the tx_strobe -
doesn't that solve the problem?  You shouldn't necessarily have to
make a master_control_inband - just feed the rate register into the
module and generate it yourself.

Yes it solves the problem, and is much simpler. I will do that.

I don't necessarily understand why those pins, especially the
have_space pin, are no longer relevant.  Could you explain this
please?

I though that because we report all these informations to host in the header of the packets I don't need to use those signals anymore, but I guess I am wrong... :)

Brian

Thibaud