[Discuss-gnuradio] Newbe: Jerky sound with usrp_wfm_rcv.py

From: Justin Shaw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Newbe: Jerky sound with usrp_wfm_rcv.py
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:30:39 -0400

I finally got the usrp up and running.  I am having two problems.
1. I believe that the data rate is overflowing the usb line becuase the sound from usrp_wfm_rcv.py is jerky and the text UaUaUaUaUa... is streaming to the screen (about 1-2 times per second). I am running the pre-compiled packages available through Ubuntu on a Dell inspiron 1501 1.6 GHz processor. Would compiling from scratch help? Is there a way to decimate the data before it comes across the usb?

2. I need to unplug and plug the usrp after each use otherwise I get the error "RuntimeError: Unable to find USRP #0". Cycling the power is the only work around I have at this point. Any suggestions on how to fix this one? Full disclosure: I had to copy the files from /usr/local/share/usrp/Rev* to /usr/share/usrp to get the firmware to automatically load do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Justin Shaw