[Discuss-gnuradio] On USRP and transmitting voice

From: Michael C. Menefee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] On USRP and transmitting voice
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:30:34 -0500

Hi folks,
I'm a ham that has become interested in SDR in general, and GNU
Radio/USRP.  I'm looking to build an SDR that can TX voice (FM & SSB) on
HF/2m/70cm and that could also be a platform for data transmission in
the coming years.  I've found a good bit of information on the web
regarding reception of SSB & FM at various frequencies, but I'm coming
up short on any voice TX capability.  (when I say voice TX, I'm talking
about hooking a mic up to the computer and having it transmit what I
say) Has there been any work done on real-time voice TX (again, NFM/SSB)
with the USRP?  Any docs, references, or just writeups?  I'm not the
best googler in the world, so apologies if I've missed it.  Also, are
there any issues to be aware of with USRP TX?  I could imagine some
aliasing or perhaps phase or general waveform issues if the software
isn't set up right, or perhaps some external filtering between the board
and the amp. At any rate, if someone could point me in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michael Menefee
e: address@hidden