Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-qtgui configuring?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-qtgui configuring?
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 22:36:24 -0400

On May 5, 2007, at 11:18 PM, Eric Blossom wrote:
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 10:25:38PM -0400, Michael Dickens wrote:
Looks like there's no pkgconfig file for qwt installed
by default, but there is one at <http://n4hy.org/Qwt/qwt.pc> that
could be copied in separately.

Unless the upstream guys produce and ship the .pc file I don't want to
check for it with pkgconfig.  The second seems OK.

Looks like the SF download site's tarball doesn't host the .pc file; the one I found was referenced in the file gr-qtgui/README ;) at a non-standard source area http://n4hy.org/Qwt/ ... Thus, the second solution is better. I will try that solution out soon (tomorrow? hopefully) to verify that it works correctly, at least on Ubuntu (now that I've gotten qwt 5.0.1 to install; I also updated the Ubuntu install page on the Wiki).

I'm having difficulties getting Qt/QWT the compile and install on OSX using MacPorts, so I'll have to believe that the M4 script change is portable (should be); while I can do it by hand, I'd prefer to have a MP script / portfile that can be submitted to the MP project. - MLD