Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] r/s encoding and padding on gmsk

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] r/s encoding and padding on gmsk
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:20:21 -0700

                      Should be bits/symbol----------------+

> >samples/symbol as well.
>
> >From a strictly USRP point of view, the FX2 only knows how to do burst
> transfers of 512-byte packets over USB and to/from the FPGA.  These
> are the actual samples that are going to get interpolated and sent on
> out the DACs, so this takes into consideration both bits/sample and
> samples/symbol.
>

> Someone should probably qualify my statement, but as far as I know -
> it seems like it should work.  Give it a shot.
>
> Brian

This should work.  You just need to adjust your padding such that the
final output of your modulated packet is a multiple of 128 complex
samples (== 512 bytes across the USB).  [This restriction is one of
the things that will be fixed in the inband signaling code...]

Eric